The Parish Finance Council is a consultative body
which advises the Pastor on financial matters.
- Assist the Pastor in the preparation and presentation of the
Parish annual budget in consultation with other parish groups.
- Review the semi-annual financial reports which are made to the
- Assist the Pastor in the integration of the budget mechanism
with goal setting processes to ensure that financial resources
and parish goals are compatible.
- Study parish revenue and make recommendations to the Pastor
for maintaining or increasing revenues.
- Assist Pastor in providing financial reports to parishioners.
- Advise the Pastor in the development of salary administration
program for parish employees.
- Review contracts with outside parties and approve where appropriate.
- Review and approve security procedures for the handling of money.
- Recommend to the Pastor financial policies for the parish, in
light of current policies issued by the diocesan finance and legal
- Provide consultation on the financial feasibility and projected
resources to support planning projects of the parish.
- Members must be available for all scheduled meetings.
- Fully initiated Catholic of good standing in the parish community.
- Active member of the parish.
- Volunteer has sufficient experience and skills to contribute.
- Skilled in working on a team.
- A financial background would be very useful.
Traits and Qualities
- Needs to be flexible and have good relational skills.
- Tolerance and patience is an asset.
- A good sense of humour and a spirit of generosity
- Standard parish orientation program.
- Most experience is gained in the committee.
- Guidance for committees comes from the Chancery.
- The Finance Council, pastor and other parish leaders.
Supervision and Evaluation
- The Pastor evaluates and supervises.
- Support is provided by committee members.
- Evaluation will take place at the end of each committee members
of Ministry Appointment
and Working Conditions
- Satisfaction of working on team.
- Job has a direct impact on the financial management of the parish.
- Members must work 4-5 hours per month max.
- Will develop group and team working skills.
Back to Top