COMMITTEE - SUNDAY COFFEE
Sunday Coffee receptions give participants the
opportunity to meet and get to know their fellow parishioners and
the pastoral team. The Committee's role is to set up the parish
hall and refreshments for the gathering.
- Assists with refreshment hospitality at monthly Sunday Coffee
- Provides fellowship to those who attend.
- Establishes a warm and caring relationship of trust with parishioners
who are served.
- Fosters identification with the Church as the family parish
home and therefore directs the parishioner to contact the parish
when assistance is required.
- Provides on-going status feedback to the Hospitality Team.
Experience and Qualifications
- A member in good standing with the Church.
- Interested in parish life and desires to serve through providing
food & fellowship as a vehicle for gathering community.
- Has skills necessary to assist with hospitality.
Traits and Qualities
- Dependable, good relational skills, polite, kind and able to
interact appropriately in diverse situations.
- A spirit of generosity and service.
- A good listener and team player.
- Good attention to detail. Ability to quickly react to situations
as they arise.
- Standard parish orientation program.
- Members of the parish community.
Supervision and Evaluation
- Parish Social Ministry is the first level of support, supervision
- Evaluation would take place at the end of the committee members
of Ministry Appointment
- One year with possibility of renewal.
and Working Conditions
- This is an excellent vehicle for getting to know your fellow
- Will increase confidence in communicating with others and providing
a welcoming environment for the parish.
- This is a volunteer position requiring approximately 3 hours
- Must be able to attend the orientation session.
- Current resource material is provided by the parish.
- This is a low risk position.
- Completion of a Criminal Record Check Form is required.
Back to Top